Thursday 19 January 2017

A DIFFERENT HOBBY

Some people like to play with their phones, others to go cycling, or to exercise their muscles by going to the gym. I like looking at properties in Spain via online.

I use a variety of web sites, some Spanish and some English but mainly fotocasa.es and rightmove.co.uk/overseas.

I can spend hours (if kids allowe me anyway), and I do so because I believe that if you visualise yourself following your dream then you will be able to get what you desire.

For example, sometimes at work after a particularly difficult conversation with a customer I might need to take a 5 minutes for myself. Some people go for coffee, to the toilet or to chat with a collegue. If posible I would go to rightmove and check the latest deals regarding property.

Just need to introduce your search options:
Country: Spain
Area: Costa del Sol
Property type: any, as I might feel like buying a plot of land or a mansion
Currency: euros
Price from: 0
Price to: well, that depends on the day. Sometimes I feel like really living the dream and I would look at properties like this one


At the end of the day I think that if I make just a few cuts in my budget and save a few quids here and there I will be able to be living in this 12 rooms mansion for sale at 40 million euros by this time next year and leave a couple of millions to put it to our taste, why not.

However other days I am just a tad more realistic and try and check what I would be able to buy if I was a cash buyer (which unfortunately I am not), so I would limit the price to 50,000 €, and will check properties for lower price first.

Once your ignore the garages for sale and the share/fractional ownership properties, first of all you will find the static homes in caravan parks with prices starting at 16,000€ for a 2 bed.



However I do not think it would suit my family. If it was just hubby and me, maybe, but with the kids and our five hundred million possesions there is just not enough room.

Oh! Just spotted a bargain! 18,000 € for a town house, close to amenities but in need of a total refurbisment.



Do I really want to take on some much work? It would be a pretty special project, and for sure we would be able to make the place totally ours, but it might be a bit too much perhaps.
On the other hand, I could buy this property with a personal loan from my bank here in UK and not having to think about mortgages etc... Something to be considered definitely, as it would cost about 400 pounds a month but would be paid within 5 years.

For 29,500 € I could have a 3 storey building with 2 double rooms already modernised and with doors and windows replaced ...



So, which one would you go for?








No comments:

Post a Comment