Wednesday 18 January 2017

THE BEGINNING OF THE DREAM



I have been living in UK for nearly 8 years now. My first time around I was fresh from University and I really wanted to move away and experience what it meant to live in another country.

Back then I thought my English was very good, that was until I set foot on Heathrow and people started to talk to me! My main priority became to learn the language and I gave myself 6 months to do it, the length of my trainee course.

But of course I met a guy and I ended up staying for nearly 3 years.

However, like it happens to so many Britons, I was missing the sun. Not even the sun, I was missing the daylight. And I kept seeing how British would go to Spain and buy a place in the sun and I remembered thinking "that is what I want". The pound has always been stronger that the euro, so it was an advantage to be earning in pounds.

Finally I decided to move back to Spain altogether. Few years passed, met my hubby and started a business. Unfortunately the global crisis hit us (among other things) so we have to close down and we decided to return to UK.

We have been here for over 4 and a half years now. And again from the very beginning I had that feeling: I want my own place in the sun.

We haven't managed so far, so the question is how does other people do it?



No comments:

Post a Comment